Sunday, July 29, 2007

Growing and Blooming

I am trying to grow in a new area, sewing. My mother is teaching me to sew. I decided to start with pajama bottoms for the boys and myself. It is definitely not a cheap way to get clothes($60 at Joanns), but a good skill to learn. I let the boys pick out their own fabric. Which one of us do you think picked skulls, flowers or the money? I finished my pants and will have to post those pics. I love the pattern, but I do fill like I'm Bozo the Clown in them.




Landon gave me this Sunflower plant for Mother's Day. It was just a little seedling when he gave it to me and look at how big it is. This is the first plant I haven't forgotten about and let die. It used to be on my kitchen counter until it got too big and then I moved it to the dining room. I'm sooo proud of myself. It did have one accident(with too active boys that's bound to happen). I perfomed surgery with the help of Scotch tape and the flower bloomed the next day. It's not the prettiest Sunflower, but it's very special to me.















5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Christina did a wonderful job on her PJ's!!!! We had a great time.

TAYLOR BROOD said...

I'm guessing Little Barton Wyatt picked the skulls? They are very popular right now anyway. I love the sunflower! I can't believe how tall it is. You must breathe "tall" into the air down there. Can I send Aub & Arielle down there to breathe? I think it's too late for me, but my girls could use a little.(I have more hope for Lelu)

KickButtMommy said...

Good job on the Pjs. I was thinking that is something I should learn how to sew then just buy hanes Tshirts to go with them and keep my kids in pajamas. Now you just have to figure out how to get fabric when it is dirt cheap!

Olsen's 7 said...

That is an awesome pic of you:) I can't wait to see the finished product! "Hello YOUR Name is Jolly Green Giant"!!!
The sunflower surgery part made me laugh! Your the best:)

Christina said...

Kristin, Wyatt did pick the skulls. He loves anything with skulls or if it has to do with skateboarding. He's really observant of teenagers and what they are wearing. Isn't it funny Landon picked money. He wanted to cut out the money.

About Me

I have 3 wonderful boys in my life, my husband and 2 kids. I'm a stay at home mom who loves to scrapbook, decorate and have fun.